Today is “Giving Tuesday,” and for those who don’t know, it’s the one day designated ever year that we do what it says: GIVE! Established in 2012 and set for the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, this is a day when everyone can get their heads together and really give back to the people that need it most. Last year, the day yielded $168-million in charitable donations. Not sure where to start? Here are some ways to get involved today:
- Donate to a nonprofit - There are plenty of nonprofits to choose from. Chances are, you’ll be able to find one about something you’re passionate about.
- Start a fundraiser - Have something you really care about and want to give a lot to? Start a fundraiser!
- Volunteer - Spend a few hours out of the day donating your time. Especially if you’re low on cash.
- Send a message - Making a statement about the importance of charitable giving can convince people to take part in it.
- Give to more than charities - There are plenty of organizations that need help, and you can even just give to the people who are closest to you!
While you’re at it, use the #GivingTuesday hashtag to let your cohorts know you’ve gotten involved!