Conor Oberst says he's accepted Joanie Faircloth's apology. After accusing the Bright Eyes frontman of rape in December, Faircloth came out earlier this week and said her story was "100 percent false."
Oberst issued his own statement on Wednesday, saying that the entire experience has been "extremely difficult and stressful" for him and those he loves. He says he's appreciative of the family, friends, and business partners who supported him throughout the ordeal, and adds that he's looking forward to "happier times as we all move forward with our lives."
Oberst filed a libel lawsuit against Faircloth back in February. It's unclear whether he still plans to move forward with it. A spokesperson, however, tells Rolling Stone that the lawsuit has yet to be dismissed.
Photo: Getty Images